A position is available for a shepherd on a 2500 ha hill country property in Millers Flat. We farm 10,500 stock units including sheep, beef and deer on rolling cultivated paddocks up to native high country snow tussock.
- Applicants need to have:
- shepherding experience
- good stockmanship
- working dogs
- a reasonable all-round knowledge and skills in farming
- The position predominantly involves stock work but also some tractor work, fencing
and general farm work.
- The successful applicant would report to the stock manager daily
- Support for training and upskilling is provided to employees who are committed to improving their own knowledge and skills and moving up the ladder.
- A five-year-old, 3 bedroom house is available. On the bus route to Millers Flat Primary School.
- Competitive remuneration package
- Good hunting on farm.
- Drivers license required
The farm is situated 15 minutes from Millers Flat in the Teviot Valley, Central Otago. We have a great community with lots to offer from rugby club, a strong Young Farmers club, jobs opportunities for family members, great hunting and fishing and lots more community groups and activities. For more information on the position contact Austin on 0274427300 or send your CV to email@example.com