NSK Farming Ltd is a family business which operates a large scale sheep, beef and cropping property of 4700 ha. At present we run 9500 ewes and 850 cows with replacements and generally finish all progeny.
The farm is located at Cattle Creek in the Hakataramea Valley which is 30 mins from the town of Kurow and just over an hour from Oamaru and Tekapo. We are close to lakes, rivers, ski fields and a well supported popular rugby club.
The job involves working alongside our Head Shepherd.
The successful applicant will need to;
* have a reliable team of dogs.
* have 1-2 years experience with sheep and beef.
* have a high standard of stockmanship.
* be able to communicate well with others.
* be able to work independently and in a tam environment.
* lots of stock work.
* your own ute.
* good sheep and cattle yards.
* good accommodation [single & family].
* considerable contribution to vet bills.
* further training with outside providers.
* the opportunity to gain more responsibility and promotion.
* a competitive remuneration package based on skills and experience.
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid work visa.
CV required with references.