A position is available for a shepherd on a 2500 ha hill country property in Millers Flat. We farm 10,500 stock units including sheep, beef and deer on rolling cultivated paddocks up to native high country snow tussock.
- Applicants need to have:
- shepherding experience
- good stockmanship
- working dogs
- a reasonable all-round knowledge and skills in farming
- The position predominantly involves stock work but also some tractor work, fencing
and general farm work.
- The successful applicant would report to the stock manager daily
- Support for training and upskilling is provided to employees who are committed to improving their own knowledge and skills and moving up the ladder.
- A five-year-old, 3 bedroom house is available. On the bus route to Millers Flat Primary School.
- Competitive remuneration package
- Good hunting on farm.
- Drivers license required
The farm is situated 15 minutes from Millers Flat in the Teviot Valley, Central Otago. We have a great community with lots to offer from a strong Young Farmers club, jobs opportunities for family members, great hunting and fishing and lots more community groups and activities. For more information on the position send your CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org