A BIT ABOUT RIMANUI FARMS…
Rimanui Farms Limited is a largescale farming business operating multiple sheep and beef farms across the North Island and includes some of New Zealand’s most iconic farms.
The farms have been extensively developed over time and are managed by high performing Farm Managers and their teams. Stock policies are a mix of sheep and beef cattle, predominantly breeding and finishing in conjunction with a range of other dry stock enterprises.
As the Farm Technician you will be reporting to the Business Manager while working closely with the three Farm Managers across the iconic sheep and beef properties they manage. The primary function of the role is to provide technical support, collate and record information and analyse on-farm data to assist with planning and management decisions.
The properties include Erewhon (3,800ha) and Springvale (2,900ha) Stations located on the Napier-Taihape Road about 30 minutes from Taihape and Mangaohane Station (4,840ha) located close by on the Mangaohane Road. Collectively the properties winter over 100,000su.
A BIT ABOUT YOU…
To grow and be successful in this role you will bring your excellent communication and relationship management skills along with the following:
· Technical farming systems and agronomy knowledge.
· On-farm experience would be advantageous to ensure a full understanding of seasonal requirements and farm activities. A wide range of farming skills will be viewed as favourable.
· Tertiary qualification in Agriculture/Agribusiness (preferred but not essential).
· A high level of computer literacy and reporting skills including experience working with farm management software such as FarmIQ and Farmax – full training can be given on the job.
· Understanding of risk management/compliance.
· Technologically minded and receptive to using new technology.
· Full Drivers’ Licence.
The Farm Technician role brings an exciting opportunity to join a large-scale business with a flat management structure and an inclusive culture. There is flexibility for the business to appoint a Farm Technician with relevant work experience or a graduate with a skill set that can be grown into this role. There is an attractive remuneration package on offer, commensurate with experience, and single accommodation available on the farm or an alternative arrangement may be negotiated.
Don’t miss this fantastic opportunity – Apply today!
To view a Job Information pack please visit https://bit.ly/3RHn85h (if the link doesn’t work please copy it into your web browser) or give the Rural Directions team a call on 06 871 0450 for a confidential chat (Ref# 934936).
Applications will be reviewed as they are received
Only candidates who have full NZ working rights will be eligible for this role.