We are seeking a shepherd, with some general skills for a 1500 Ha station 20 minutes from Gisborne that overlooks the Bay and Hikurangi. The best office in the world!
The role is 80:20 stock work, some general farm maintenance skills are required.
We are running 400 breeding cows, 5300 breeding ewes, 120 steers. A total of 13,000 SU's.
- Have outstanding stock handling skills, and an eye for stock
- Have a minimum of 2-3 years experience Sheep and beef farming
- Have an excellent team of 6 dogs, under good command and competent in mustering large paddocks
- Experience fattening and working with cattle preferable
- Excellent work ethic and ability to problem solve and take initiative
- Be willing to contribute ideas and share knowledge
- Be able to work independently and as part of a team.
- Be prepared to carry out all aspects of Shepherding including fencing, crutching, tractor driving and a range of other farming tasks.
For the right candidate, we offer a competitive salary and benefits.
Accommodation is a farm cottage, school bus at the gate.
Commencement would be in February 2024 or negotiated to suit the right candidate.
NZ residents, and NZ licence required.
Contact: Johnny 027 2577571 or Pip 027 7785844 for more information.