Daisybank Farm ltd is a family owned and operated Sheep and Beef farm which has been in the Harvey family for 100years. Daisybank is approximately 800ha effective, Located 10 minutes south of Martinborough, with an additional 118ha finishing block located 15mins further south in Pirinoa.
Contour ranges from flat to medium hill country. We run a typical Sheep and Beef breeding/finishing operation. We winter about 9,000 SU. Comprised of approx. 3000 beef SU and 6000 sheep SU.
Our current shepherd is heading overseas so we are looking for a keen person to join our team. Someone who is passionate about farming, has good work ethic and a willingness to learn.
The job would involve:
- Reporting to the farm manager daily
- Stock work including mustering, yard work with both sheep and cattle and animal health implementation
- Record keeping
- Fencing and repairs and maintenance work.
- Some tractor driving.
There is room for growth within this role. We are happy to employ a young green shepherd and more responsibility will be given as you develop your skills and knowledge of our business.
The ideal candidate:
- Experience working on a sheep and beef farm. Happy to employ someone relatively new to the industry so long as you have a good attitude and willingness to learn.
- At least 2 working dogs under decent command
- Good communication skills
- Willing to travel between blocks (15mins)
- Ability to manage your time wisely and show initiative
- Will need to be able to work independently and as part of a team.
- Have NZ residence, no overseas applications
- Have a NZ driver's license
Salary is competitive and dependent on experience. Inclusive in the package is a tidy 1-bedroom house which is located on the finishing block near Pirinoa. Being located on the Ruamahunga River and 30mins from Ngawi there is fishing right on your doorstep as well as plenty of hunting opportunities throughout the Wairarapa.
This is a great opportunity to work in with a small team to develop skills, challenge yourself and progress a career in sheep and beef farming. We enjoy developing the skills of young shepherds and will support the successful candidate in further off farm training if they are interested.
Start date is 1st of May
Look up Daisybank Farm Ltd of Facebook to see more of what we are about
Please send CVs to firstname.lastname@example.org or call Owen Harvey on 0273581147 to discuss the role.