A position has arisen for a farm manager to run our beef and dairy grazing operation. We run circa 1000 stock (approx half of which are dairy grazers) on a 620ha farm in Tinopai spanning two peninsulas right on the edge of the Kaipara harbour. With 7km of coastline, the property is a stunning place to live and work.
This is an exciting opportunity to be part of a once in a lifetime project. A large portion of the farm (400ha) has been in forestry and is being converted back into pasture. This portion of the farm has been centrally raced with all paddocks opening onto the race, and has new fencing and waterlines throughout. The remaining 220ha are clean pasture. The entire property has a very gentle contour making management much easier.
The Managers role will include
• day to day planning and operations of stock movements
• weighing and record keeping
• Animal health duties
• general farm work
The successful applicant will need:
• Superb communication skills
• Excellent stock-handling skills.
• Motivation, enthusiasm, and initiative.
• To demonstrate effective planning and time management.
• To work independently, or as part of a team, leading by example.
The role comes with a spacious 4 bedroom house (2 bathrooms) with views overlooking the Kaipara harbour.
All applicants must have NZ residency.
Please apply with CV and cover letter including two references to