Barewood Station requires a Experienced Shepherd to join our motivated team.
Located next to the Taieri Gorge in Central Otago, the farm is a 6,420 ha breeding and finishing property.
The Experienced Shepherd works alongside the Farm Manager, Stock Manager and other farm staff to plan feeding levels, grazing rotations and animal health activities for all stock on the farm.
As for all positions within Lone Star Farms, you will work with the team for yard and woolshed activities, feed out supplements and complete general farm repairs and maintenance.
We are seeking a person who has:
• 4-5 years’ experience working as an Experienced Shepherd in New Zealand
• A team of competent working dogs
• Experience with feed planning, grazing systems and rotations
• Staff management
• Competent with computer use including EID tech
• Self-motivation and a willingness to learn
• A willingness to embrace technology
• The ability to work as part of a team and unsupervised
We offer an attractive salary with additional benefits, as well as ongoing training and personal development to help you reach your personal and career goals.
Good housing is provided on site.
Lone Star Farms provides a safe workplace & the successful applicant will be required to pass a drug & alcohol test prior to being appointed.
For further information visit our website: lonestarfarms.co.nz or contact Marty Deans, Farm Manager to discuss the role further on (027) 228 8155. Applications can be sent to email@example.com
Applications close: Friday, 20 March 2020.
Applicants for this position must have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.