Seeking a full time or part time dry stock and sheep manager in the Feilding area.
There are two properties, one is 200Ha effective and used for raising dairy heifer replacements and beef, and the other is 220Ha effective and used predominately for sheep with some beef. Ideally we would have someone full-time based on-farm and managing both properties.
Key responsibilities for this position will include:
- Excellent communication skills, record keeping and work ethic.
- Honesty, reliability and punctuality.
- Have own working dogs, under good command.
- Ability to work independently.
- Understand pasture management, livestock and animal health.
- Tractor driving (we harvest a large amount of silage/balage/hay)
- Ability to carry out all aspects of general farm maintenance including fencing and water supply, and be able to do capital development works.
Offering a competitive salary and accommodation.
This opportunity is great for someone looking to take the next step up in their career.
Please reply with CV and references.