As a market leader in our industry, it's our challenge that we stay ahead and continue to deliver world class products that our customers and clients love. It takes a great team of people in every area of our business to keep us there.
An excellent opportunity has arisen for a Farm Manager within our Livestock Team. Based in South Auckland, you will be accountable for managing and maintaining a poultry farm operation.
As a Farm Manager you will be responsible for the breeder flocks, ensuring each flock achieves high standards through careful monitoring and control. The key to your success will be the pride you take in ensuring good health and welfare of your flocks.
if you are up for a challenge and want to be part of a market leading organisation this could be the role you have been waiting for.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Rearing - Ensuring livestock is managed efficiently to Point of Lay, particularly with regard to uniformity and body weight standard
- Laying - Ensuring egg hatchability is maximized through effective livestock management.
- All production requirements are achieved to standard and within budget.
- Cost control through efficient utilisation of labour, materials and facilities
- Ensuring biosecurity and bird welfare standards are observed, strictly adhered too, and maintained by Tegel employees.
- Conducting regular team meetings and ensure direct reports have the appropriate skills and training to carry out their roles safely and effectively.
- Maintain buildings, tractors, and all property of Tegel Foods Ltd to a satisfactory standard
- Experience with livestock including a genuine concern for animal welfare.
- Experience with modern poultry farm equipment and control systems.
- Staff management experience.
- Experience liaising with service providers.
- Focused on health and safety
- Be mechanically minded and have an understanding of equipment and machinery maintenance.
What do we offer?
- Competitive Remuneration
- Development opportunities
- Medical insurance (extends to your partner and children under 16)
- Staff buying priveleges
If you are ready to make the change and bring your experience to Tegel apply today and start a new journey with our team.