We are looking for an exceptional person with a progressive mindset to join our team at Quartz Hill Station as the stock manager.
Quartz Hill Station is a foothill breeding property located 1 hour West of Christchurch in the Rakaia Gorge. The property carries 18,000 SU of sheep, cattle and deer with an integrated finishing property nearby.
The station covers 3000ha with a mix of flat, rolling and steep hill country, and is farmed in an environmentally friendly and sustainable manner.
The position will involve high levels of stock performance and monitoring using the latest technologies and to ensure this farm reaches its full potential.
We provide a fun team environment and put pride and value into our staff.
We will provide:
- Competitive remuneration package
- A positive and safe working environment
- 4-bedroom warm house with nice established
- Sky TV and wireless broadband
- Assistance with professional
- Applicants with families are welcome with the local school ‘Windwhistle’ located 15 minutes away
- An energetic person with attention to detail
- A willingness to enhance the property for the good of the business
- A good attitude towards Health and
Safety, Animal Welfare and
- Experience with pasture
management and feed budgeting
- Stock management skills
- Strong organisational, recording and
- A modern outlook towards
technology and machinery use
- Tidy work ethic
- A good team of working dogs
- Have a positive and happy
outlook on life
The property is owned by a young married couple, who are looking to have a hard working, skilled and fun team around them who can help take both properties to the next level.
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.
The position is starting in September.
Email CV to firstname.lastname@example.org with covering letter and at least 2 referees.
508 High Peak Rd
Any questions please don’t hesitate to contact:
Dan and Georgie Harper
03 3186 852