We are seeking a competent Farm Manager to continue the performance of this summer safe hill country property in North Canterbury. About 15 minutes from Waiau, the farm is 850ha, which operates with a 500ha lease block next door. The farm runs 8,000 stock units consisting of 5,000 romney ewes and 300 angus cows. About 50% are finishing and 50% store. As the Farm Manager you will take responsibility for the day-to-day management of the farm, with your priority being the livestock. The right applicant would manage one other staff member, while contractors do all agricultural work.
The successful applicant will have/be:
- Excellent stockmanship with good working dogs is essential
- Strong skills in all areas of management and feed budgeting
- Knowledge of environmental regulations
- Ability to follow a financial budget prepared by the owner
- Previous management experience preferred or have the confidence to step up
- Enthusiastic and motivated with excellent communication skills
- Good work ethic, honest, reliable and self-motivated
A family home is provided on the property and there’s a great local community with amenities close by. If you think you meet all the requirements and can provide 2+ referees, send your CV through to firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information call Craig on 021828311 in the evenings.