We operate a 400ha farm with 230ha dairy platform located 30-minutes from Whangarei town center.
We milk 600 spring calving jersey cows through a 50 aside herringbone shed, with protrack drafting, auto heat detection camera, auto teat spray and automatic plant wash system.
We are seeking a passionate, hardworking Assistant Manager with large herd experience that wants to contribute and progress in the New Zealand Dairy industry. Having exceptional animal husbandry, pasture & communication skills are a must.
The role will require you to assist the Manager to achieve farm targets and goals and guide the team when the Manager is not around. This role is suited to people that are self-motivated, team focused and eager to learn.
Applicants must have,
• Ability to ride two and four wheel motorbikes.
• Confident in machinery on rolling terrain.
• Pass pre employment drug testing.
• Be physically fit.
• Have three years recent New Zealand Dairy experience.
• Must have New Zealand residency and reside in New Zealand at the time of application.
We can offer you,
• A competitive pay package with an included tax-free allowance for wet weather gear,
gumboots and equipment.
• 3 days off a fortnight.
• Primary ITO and off farm training days/Discussion groups.
• A positive, fun working and learning environment.
Modern 3 bedroom house with heat pump and large garaging located on farm.
Two local schooling options from primary through to intermediate with school bus options to Whangarei for higher education.
If you meet these criteria, please submit your CV with information about your eligibility to work in New Zealand to continue your application with us.