This is a unique opportunity to join an efficient & dynamic sheep and beef operation on the edge of the Catlins in South Otago
Awakiki Ridges carries 9000 su consisting of 85% perendale sheep and mixed beef cattle.
The 1350ha family owned property is well fenced with significant roading & lanes across rolling to steep terrain. Location is approximately 15 minutes from Balclutha, 75 minutes south of Dunedin.
This role would suit an individual who enjoys a mix of team and independent work.
The position offers:
- Good hours, regular weekends off with paid overtime available
- Competitive salary and package
- Warm 3 bedroomed cottage
- Late model vehicles
- A wide variety of work with high use of contractors and self-care lambing
- The opportunity to progress your career to the next level with training and support
- Considerable native bush and forestry trails for the avid hunter and recreational biking enthusiast.
Required for this role:
- Sheep and beef experience
- 2 to 3 dogs (1 hill capable)
- Full drivers licence
- Some experience with tractors and quad bikes
- A high level of work ethic, empathy for stock and machinery, self motivation and practicality, along with a passion for farming
- A willingness to learn, ask questions, and proactively engage with safety and farm policies is essential