We are looking for a passionate and forward-thinking person for our 519ha (effective) sheep and beef breeding and finishing farm that also acts as a support block for a 2nd farm. The property has a good mix of breeding and finishing country. In previous years there has been a large investment into genetics to give a sound genetic base to the stock. We are moving into a new phase on farm with development work being undertaken, our aim is to maximise efficiency on-farm and develop an exceptional property to enjoy working on. The position is supported with modern equipment and up-to-date technology with ongoing investment into infrastructure. We are looking for a positive person with an open mind who is prepared to adapt to the ever-changing farming situation that we find ourselves in.
Primary schools nearby in Aria and Pio Pio with secondary also at Pio Pio, school bus drop off point 5kms from house. Tidy 4 bedroom family home with swimming pool. The property is located approx 50kms SW of Te Kuiti, 25kms to Pio Pio, and 12Km to Aria.
This position would suit someone who is looking to progress their career, it would suit someone who is looking to step into a sole charge position but must have sufficient experience to work alone.
Competitive remuneration package available.
The successful applicant must be
- Honest and Reliable and of good character.
- Self -motivated, fit, and healthy, and tidy.
- Able to work alone and be able to organise and work with casual staff effectively and efficiently.
- Able to follow farm policies including H&S, Environmental, and Animal Health Plans.
- Competent in ATV and tractor driving skills on hill country.
- Experienced in sheep and beef breeding and finishing to achieve KPI's
The successful applicant must have
- Good stock handling skills and animal husbandry with high regard for animal welfare.
- Good team of dogs (covered tidy kennels provided) minimum of 4 - 6 under good command capable of mustering hill country.
- Good communication skills
- Good record keeping and computer skills.
- Good time management to achieve efficient day-to-day tasks.
- Good organisational skills and forward planning.
- An ability to perform fencing R & M and an understanding of water systems.
- Sound pasture and soil management skills and weed management.
If you require more information please call 021682271 or send CV to email@example.com with at least 2 referees.
Applications close 15th May 2021