Ora Station is a 2200ha rolling to medium hill country station with 1300ha effective.
Currently we winter 12000 SU.
Ora is a family-owned property carrying 5000 ewes, 400 cows plus replacements and the balance of the stock units are made up of winter trade lambs and trade cattle. Over the last few years Ora Station has been going through a vigorous development phase, with 15km of new fencing completed in the last 16 months and we are in the process of installing a new 20km reticulated water system.
Ora Station is looking for a suitable candidate who will:
- Have a team of at least 4 broken in dogs under good control, that can muster larger paddocks safely and with confidence.
- Has previous experience within the agriculture industry.
- Has excellent communication skills, and is able to communicate effectively within a team of 4 permanent stuff, plus casuals.
- Is able to give instruction, and work alongside junior staff members.
- Is able to keep a basic diary, be willing to use Cloud Farmer to record stock tallys, animal health treatments and time sheets.
- Has a desire to further themselves in the agriculture industry.
- Has a positive, can-do attitude.
- Is open to the opportunity to be given responsibility on farm.
Ora Station will offer:
- Ora Station is committed to carry out further training if the successful applicant wishes to do so, as well as providing the opportunity for the successful applicant to be a part of local discussion groups.
- A tidy three bedroom house is located on farm, telephone and internet will be provided and paid for by the station.
- Meat for consumption.
- An excellent team environment.
- A generous salary suitable to the successful applicant.
Ora is approx 50 mins from Dannevirke, where there is secondary schooling, 30mins from both Weber and Pongaroa where there is Primary schooling. With the Weber School bus 4km from house.
Pongaroa also has a Pre-School and we are 15mins from Ti Tree Point where there is a playgroup. 10mins to Akitio beach.
There is a range of recreational activities available locally from hunting, fishing, diving, squash club, rugby club, gun club as well as many other community based groups.