My client is seeking two staff. These positions are ideal for a couple as there is only one home available on farm. Perfect for the team who can enjoy working independently of each other and together when required.
Situated between Matamata and Cambridge this amazing farm focuses on finishing beef cattle and sheep. Stock are purchased as weaners and then "finished" on farm and on sold through local sales. My clients have excelled at this for over 40 years, with excellent on farm records covering everything you can think of from animal health through to soil history and they now seek a capable team to manage the business that they love.
Essential Skills are:
- Shepherding skills and having your own well trained working dogs.
- Tractor and machinery skills.
- Excellent manner with livestock.
- Pasture management and animal health skills.
- Proven ability/experience to manage a dry-stock farm for the manager's role. Proven experience for the stockpersons role.
- Outstanding recording skills as the farm expects ALL AssureQuality and MPI records (such as NAIT) to be maintained to an exemplary standard.
- A full drivers licence is required for the manager and a minimum restricted for the stockperson as the farm contains a very busy quarry independent quarry on-site and a road runs through the farm servicing this quarry.
- Self-motivated - able to see the work that needs doing, plan it and achieve it.
- Great communication skills, keeping the owner fully informed as well as the records up to date.
- Common sense, honesty and integrity.
- Farm maintenance and fencing skills.
- An excellent understanding and application of health and safety requirements, especially as this farm is unique with a busy operational quarry within the farm.
Farm has a 4-stand woolshed with 800 night pen space and two sets of cattle yards. Accommodation is a tidy 4 brm house with separate dble garage. Bus stop for local schools is just down the road. Matamata and Cambridge are each approximately 20 mins away.
Applicants must already have the legal right to work within New Zealand.