Are you someone who is passionate about getting outdoors? Do you love working in nature, have good practical farming skills and want to work on the land? Then this dry stock 2IC role could be for you!
We are looking for a 2IC to be a part of our Service Bull Farm Operation.
The farm is a 250ha dry stock farm in Hurleyville, running 700 Mixed breed/ Age Bulls for use on Dairy Farms.
Your day-to-day work could include grazing management, break feeding and feeding out along with the drafting and loading bulls and maintaining the farm infrastructure.
The ideal candidate will have:
• Grazing management of stock and Excellent stockman-ship, managing weight targets.
• Knowledge of operating farm machinery on flat and hill country, with experience. feeding out and break feeding.
• General fencing and farm maintenance skills.
• Ability to work alone and as part of a team.
What we require from you:
• Excellent communication skills and able to work in well with the other members of the team, contractors, clients etc.
• Be able to operate machinery including a motorbike and a tractor effectively and safely, with implements.
• Be organised, punctual, and able to keep clear and tidy records.
• A can-do attitude and the desire to learn.
• Be honest and reliable.
• Have strong communication and a positive attitude towards health & safety.
• Have a good level of fitness and take pride in achieving goals.
• A full driver licence.
The farm is located 30 minutes south of Hawera We offer a 5-bedroom house with Primary school 17 kms away and bus 4 kms away.
Option for the right candidate to progress to a management role.
Due to border restrictions, we are only able to consider candidates currently residing in New Zealand with full work eligibility, or those that are returning home to NZ.
Applications must include a cover letter, CV with evidence of the required skills as per above and at least 2 referees. For any queries, please email Bernie Fowler at Fowlerfarms@xtra.co.nz
Applications close Friday 20th June 2021