To whom it may concern
I am an outgoing, self driven and highly motivated farmer. I do what I do, becauuse I love it. I do what I do, because I want to spend the rest of my life farming.
I am currently managing a 500 cow, self contained dairy farm in North Otago. I have been here for the last 2 seasons and am currently in the middle of my thrid season. Being here has allowed me to grow in many aspects and greatly broaden my skill base. I easily adapt to change and work well with others and modern technology, finding what works best for each individual system and tailoring my input to match.
I have a proven track record for my performance in regards to production, meeting and exceeding targets and maintaining KPIs. I pride myself in my animals, low SCC and being grade free.
I have made the decision to move on from where I am in the pursuit of working in a larger scale system with greater support and available knowledge at my disposal. I feel this is the best move forwards for my own career progression as I work towards Contract Milking.
Please see my attached CV for my record of employment and current qualifications. I look forward to hearing from you.
• Sole Charge
• From staff recruitment all the way to purchasing and selling livestock
• Development to production management
• All aspects of dairy farming relatable
• Sole Charge
• Day to day running with weekly and monthly meetings
• Tractor Driving
• Cattle Yards
• Horse/Deer/Cattle/Sheep fencing
• Range of wirework and chainsaw skills
• Fenceline Restructures
• Pivot Fencing
- Infant, Instant and Whole milk powder
• Tetra Evaporator operator - Infant, Instant and Whole milk
• Palletizing operator
• PLC plant operation skills
• Forklift driving
• Plant Maintenance
• Nitrate lab testing
• Milk content and flow knowledge
• Data logging and recording using trends and graphs
• Permit Issuer and Receiver
• Think Top and Azzy valve operation skills
• Wide range of computer operation
8. Sunset Dairies June 2012 - May 2013
• Second In Charge/ 2IC