Sheep and Beef Farm Manager
A great opportunity is available for a capable and motivated Farm Manager to join the team on a beautiful coastal Sheep and Beef farm at Mangawhai, Northland. The farm is located on the edge of Mangawhai with private beach access, a local village, fishing, diving and surfing all on the doorstep. This iconic 400 ha property of which 173ha is in pasture is a mixture of flat, rolling and steep contour.
The stock policy includes breeding ewes and Rising one year old steers.
The successful applicant will have:
- Professional qualifications and demonstrated practical experience in Farm Management.
- Excellent verbal communication skills. The ability to report to and communicate with the BTRA board and residents.
- A good level of computer literacy to enable the use of FARMAX software, management of electronic animal ID, electronic data collection and transfer of animal records, a farm mapping programme, a feed budgeting programme and good email communication skills.
- The ability to work and contribute to the development of a business plan and financial budgets.
- The ability to prepare, implement and oversee feed budgets encompassing animal performance targets.
- Must be willing to take on responsibility, be confident at working independently and have the knowledge, experience and initiative to plan an effective, undirected day’s work.
- Must be well acquainted with the seasonal feed requirements of the key classes of stock in terms of the animal health requirements and the ever-changing feeding priorities.
- Must have good observation and deduction skills and the ability to act appropriately when situations arise.
- A sound understanding of Health & Safety practices.
- An understanding of the basic biology of stock, soils and plants i.e. reproduction, growth and health.
- Must be capable of general farm repairs and maintenance and farm development including but not exclusively; weed control, fencing, water reticulation systems and general plant.
- Should possess a good team of dogs and enjoy stockwork and working with dogs.
- A high personal standard; discipline, loyalty, honesty and integrity. Must be tidy, both in personal appearance, the workplace and around the home.
A comfortable three-bedroom home and competitive remuneration package will be provided.
For more details and to submit applications, contact email@example.com
To apply, email your CV including referees and a covering letter by 20 May 2021.