Walter Peak is 26,000 hectares running 17,000 merinos, 1000 crossbreds and 700 angus cattle. We have a great balance between intensive flats ranging to extensive high country with good infrastructure. The property runs a traditional autumn muster.
The role includes, stock work, pasture management and maintenance, fencing, general farm work and machinery maintenance.
To be a member of our team you will have the following skills:
- Honest and reliable with great communication
- Be highly motivated, take pride in your work and show a willingness to learn new skills
- Have excellent stockmanship
- Have a team of well trained dogs
- Be competent on tractors and other farm machinery
- Have an understanding of health and safety regulations and demonstrate good work practices
- Be able to follow instructions, enjoy working as a team as well as on own
- Have a positive attitude and a sense of humour
- Have a good level of fitness
- Have a full NZ drivers licence
If this sounds like you please send us your CV and covering letter.