A full time position has become available at ‘Rangiatea’ situated near Mt Somers in the foothills of Mid Canterbury.
Rangiatea is a breeding and fattening property running approx. 9,500 sheep and beef SU. It’s a mixture of heavy, developed flats to rolling tussock hill country.
Stud operations of Perendale, Cheviot and recently imported Beltex sheep offers the opportunity to gain a range of skills including the latest technologies in genetics, AI, embryo transfer and recording (see Beltex New Zealand’s Facebook page).
Commercially we have an Angus breeding herd and cattle fattening operation.
The interesting aspect of Rangiatea is it offers varied day to day work and a range of skillsets.
• New accommodation
• Competitive Salary
• Great team working environment
• Good communication skills, tidiness, enthusiasm and a good personality.
• Honesty, motivation and initiative.
• Ability to work in a team environment.
• At least 2-3 working dogs under good command as the majority of the work is stock work.
The applicant would be working on a family owned property with two other full time people and at times would need to work independently.
Strong local communities in Mt Somers (10km) and Mayfield (16kms) and relatively close proximity to Ashburton, Christchurch and Timaru.